Train in Russian Systema at BMAI with Matt Lowes, the only Certified Systema instructor in Lane County and the first person to bring this unique Russian martial art to Eugene. BMAI has been the home of “Eugene Systema” since it began offering classes in 2009.
Systema is a Russian self-defense system that develops the practitioner’s abilities through an exploration of breathing, relaxation, body position and movement. Self-defense, tension management, sensitivity, awareness, improved mobility, and spontaneity are all potential benefits of this training.
The practice is designed to enhance your health and survival in everyday life and in any dangerous or stressful situations that may arise.
Through training, you will find yourself thinking and moving more freely, letting go of unnecessary fears, approaching your work more effectively, and gaining confidence in all areas of your life.
- Class meets on Mondays 6:45 – 8:00 pm
- Ages 16 and older
- Open to men and women
- New students are welcome at any time.
- No prior martial arts experience necessary.
- Wear comfortable clothing (no metal rivets, zippers, buckles, etc.)
- Practices are held on mats. Go barefoot or wear socks.
- No special equipment is required.
- Fee – $10 per class
- Here is a short video that shows a variety of training methods in a class atmosphere. The class is lead by Vladimir Vasiliev, the most senior Systema master in North America.
More information can be found on Eugene Systema’s fully-functional website below: