Train in Russian Systema at BMAI with Matt Lowes, the only Certified Systema instructor in Lane County and the first person to bring this unique Russian martial art to Eugene. BMAI has been the home of “Eugene Systema” since it began offering classes in 2009.
Systema is a Russian self-defense system that develops the practitioner’s abilities through an exploration of breathing, relaxation, body position and movement. Self-defense, tension management, sensitivity, awareness, improved mobility, and spontaneity are all potential benefits of this training.
- Class meets on Mondays 6:45 – 8:00 pm
- Ages 16 and older
- Open to men and women
- New students are welcome at any time.
- No prior martial arts experience necessary.
- Systema is practiced in any comfortable clothing (no metal rivets, zippers, buckles, etc.)
- No special equipment is required.
- Fee – $10 per class
Here is a short video that shows a variety of Systema training methods in a class atmosphere. The class is lead by Vladimir Vasiliev, the most senior Systema master in North America.
More information can be found on Eugene Systema’s fully-functional website below: